International Water and Sanitation Caucus
The International Water and Sanitation Caucus provides focused oversight and advocacy around water and sanitation issues, which are central to U.S. and global health, economic productivity, ecosystem functions, and national security. Currently, 785 million people lack access to clean drinking water and 2 billion do not have access to proper sanitation. Future projections are even more sobering, with 2.9 billion people in 48 countries facing water shortages in the next decade.
A fact sheet on the importance of WASH can be found here.
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR)
- Rep. Darin LaHood (R-IL)
- Rep. Grace Meng (D-NY)
- Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN)
- Ensure that WASH is a key component of the global COVID-19 response and recovery.
- Support legislative and administrative initiatives that include or impact measurable WASH goals.
- Improve aid effectiveness of WASH and overall foreign assistance programs.
Upcoming Caucus Events
Previous Caucus Events
- World Water Day Webinar 2021, March 23, 2021 – Water Security, Sanitation, and Hygiene in a World Combating COVID
- Inaugural Event, September 15, 2020 – WASH During COVID-19: What We Know So Far
Press Releases and Letters
For information on how to join the International Water and Sanitation Caucus, please contact Martha.Cramer@mail.house.gov.