Housing and Renting Services

If you have questions or concerns regarding a specific issue or problem that you are having, please contact the Congressman’s Portland office at 503 231 2300 or use the contact form on our website.


Frequently Asked Questions

I am losing my home. Can Congressman Blumenauer help?

Yes. Congressman Blumenauer has a staff member who assists constituents with housing issues. This person can connect you to a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counselor and, if applicable, escalate your case with the appropriate agency.


I am a first time home buyer looking to purchase a home. Can Congressman Blumenauer help me find information about federal grants and loans?

Yes. Congressman Blumenauer’s office maintains a working relationship with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and can assist constituents who wish to receive information about HUD’s home-buying programs. In addition, Congressman Blumenauer’s office is in contact with local housing agencies and money-lending institutions that also provide useful services and education to first time home buyers.


Housing Resources: 

If you are at risk of delinquency or foreclosure:

Making Home Affordable or call (888) 995-HOPE

HUD-Approved Housing Counselors in Oregon

State of Oregon Foreclosure Help or call 2-1-1 or (1-800-SAFENET)

Oregon Housing and Community Services


If you have been contacted by or are the victim of a foreclosure rescue scam:

Foreclosure Rescue Scams (FTC)

Oregon Attorney General


If you are trying to receive or are having problems with public housing:

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

Oregon Housing and Community Services

Portland Housing Bureau

Housing Authority of Clackamas County

Home Forward (also can help with Rent Assistance)


If you think you are being discriminated against and cannot receive housing:

Fair Housing/Equal Opportunity (HUD)

Oregon Housing and Community Services

Fair Housing Council of Oregon 

Legal Aid Services of Oregon


If you are trying to determine if your loan is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac:

Fannie Mae

Freddie Mac


If you are having issues with a landlord: 

Community Alliance of Tenants (CAT)